A bill which will empower doctors to euthanize patients – and, thus, intentionally and abruptly end the lives of individuals with a lethal injection is being passed in Quebec.
In recognition of the potential risks and dangerous effects of this law, we propose the following Action Plan that individuals and/or groups can implement – partially or wholly — to voice their opposition to this Bill.
Action Plan (Download PDF)
- Write an open individual letter to your Member of the National Assembly (MNA) with copies sent (“ccs”) to the leaders of all political parties. (See the Attached Letter for some key points to incorporate)
- In order to assist you in this process, the Coalition of Physicians would be willing to give a short presentation in the setting of your choice. Please contact Suni at [email protected] / (514) 374-2477.
- See YouTube video: “From a Child to a King”, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESQljzA3GB8
- Meet with your local MNA alone or/with friends or a spouse.
- Write emails, letters or an opinion piece to local newspapers (See the list of potential papers). newspapers:
La Presse : [email protected]
Le Soleil : [email protected]
Le Journal de Québec : [email protected]
Le Journal de Montréal : [email protected]
Le Devoir : [email protected]
Journal Metro : [email protected]
The Gazette : [email protected]
National Post: [email protected]
Make Your Voice Heard
- Share videos and messages via Facebook and other social networks, help the conversation to raise awareness
- Call into radio talk shows.
- Discuss this issue, with a view to educating friends and community organizations (e.g. YMCA, Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club and Lion’s Club), churches and synagogues.
- Sign on-line petitions: